This Samson Carbon 49 Review aims at introducing you to some of the finest features of the Nightingale of musical notes. It is one piece of instrument which unites the sheer hardware technology of the workstation with finest musical software. Three important features of the device makes you feel you want to buy it.
- Simple Design: – The ease with which an artist’s hands and fingers move over the keyboard determines simplicity. Samson Carbon 49 achieves a very high score .
- Ease of Operation: – Right from the beginner level till you become professional expert, the layout of keys, sliders, pedal inputs and other controlling parameters makes you feel at ease.
- Realistic Studio Performance: – It puts you on the path to professional perfection since day one.
Samson Carbon 49 Review – Full Review
The Samson Carbon is a 49 keys keyboard with classic Pitch and Modulation controls. Above the two controls, there are Up and Down buttons for both the Octave and the Transpose (one half-step at a time). The three-digit red LED screen on the top shows control messages, half-step detents, or octave detents, depending on what you’re pressing. To the right of the screen there’s a horizontal volume slider, a wheel that clicks as you turn it and an Edit button. It’s entirely made of plastic, for a low-cost portable controller that’s no problem. At the top of the left half of the keyboard there are labels indicating various modes and controls you can access with the Edit button. At a first glance the Samson Carbon 49 looks like it was designed only for the iPad. Why? Maybe for the iPad “dock”. Actually the Samson Carbon’s dock is not a real dock as it has no connectors, so it’s more like a stand for the iPad. The Samson Carbon 49 works perfectly with any device that understands MIDI. The product box contains the Samson Carbon 49, a three-foot USB cable, instruction manual, a disc with a copy of Native Instruments’ Komplete Elements, which includes more than 3GB of samples, effects and three instrument players, 1.000 sounds and other tools for PC-based composition (not for the iPad).
Samson Carbon 49 Review – Features
- The first aspect of Samson Carbon 49 which makes you interested is the keyboard. It is highly sensitive and works on the High-Resolution-Velocity-Prefix technology. Every accented note with gradual, fast paced and dynamic change can be achieved with optimum key stroke force.
- Instant feedback from the device lets you know your performance levels and erroneous moves in real time. The LED display with 7 segments and 3 digits is crystal clear with a friendly interface.
- In this Samson Carbon 49 review, we look at the octave buttons. You can assign customized values to them for speed, rhythm, loopback and other functions of the entire key set.
- Dependency on sub level menus and holding onto the SHIFT key is eliminated with an array of 4 Octaves. This helps you in experimenting with innovative musical notes.
Samson Carbon 49 Review – Conclusion
You will find the Samson Carbon 49 to be the right choice for learning, practicing and live performance.Versatility and ability for integration with smartest device like I Pad Makes your Samson Carbon 49 highly desirable by professional musicians, who tend to travel a lot. The device is designed to be a realistic musical instrument than just an electronic controller at your fingertips. We hope this Samson Carbon 49 Review has helped you.